Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Dark Heroine: Dinner with a Vampire

So I bough this because I had seen it in Target just a few months before. I thought it must be good because it was in the teen section and it was a romance. I have high standards, I know... It wasn't bad, though. I actually went through it quickly and I enjoyed the story line. It wasn't a sexy romance as billed on the cover, but it was a cute story of girl (Violet) who is kidnapped by vampire family after seeing a brutal murder.

She then struggles with her feelings of fear and hatred for being kept against her will and finally with the romantic feelings that creep up on her as she develops Stockholm Syndrome with the vampire family. Okay, so it isn't played out as Stockholm Syndrome, but when you read a book like this, don't you wonder about that?

As usual, there is a good guy who is hot, and a bad guy who is (at least to Violet, the main character) hotter, and how she will choose between the good guy and the guy who is possibly carrying a host of STIs. Tough choice, right? Well, the book is quite long and there is a good possibility that Violet will choose in this book, but remember, this is supposed to be a trilogy,so who can be sure?

I do recommend this if you have some time to kill. It is fun and interesting and seems to incorporate some new elements as part of the story that I haven't seen before. I am looking forward to the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment